- Attendance Message Line
- Birthday Treat Guidelines
- C.A.R.E. Company
- Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
- School Supply Lists
- Special Service Parent Advisory Council
- Staff Directory
- Student/Parent Handbook & TSD Code of Student Conduct
C.A.R.E., a child care program before and after school, is conveniently
located in each elementary school. Preschool children attending at an
elementary school program must be 4 years old to register for C.A.R.E.
Visit the C.A.R.E. website for more information and to register.
DROPPING STUDENTS OFF BEFORE SCHOOL
In order to provide a safe environment for children and to alleviate as much traffic congestion as possible, I would ask you to read and follow these guidelines.
In the morning from 8:15 – 8:39 am:
- Do not park in the Student Drop-Off Loop.
- Use the Student Drop-Off Loop only for dropping off students.
- When dropping off students, pull up as far as possible.
- Encourage students to exit your car quickly and safely (from the right side of the car only).
- Do not “leap frog” other cars in the drive. Please stay behind the car in front of you.
- Please consider dropping your child off between 8:20 and 8:30 so they have plenty of time to get to their classroom on time.
- If you use the parking lot, please park your car and safely walk your child to the school.
- Do not drop off students in the parking lot. There is no drop off, or pick up, zone in the parking lot.
PICKING STUDENTS UP AFTER SCHOOL
Please consider the following for the SAFETY of our Learning Community:
We only have 140 parking spaces for 290 Wass families and over 40 staff members that serve our students.
We need to work together to provide a safe environment in all areas of our school.
In the afternoon from 3:15 – 3:55 pm:
- Do not enter the Bus Loop. Leave the area in front of the school free for school buses and always give the buses the right of way.
- Park in the lot, meet your children at a pre-arranged location in front of school and walk them to your car. Do not have them walk by themselves to your car in the lot. Drivers backing up may not see them.
- You may also park in the Drop-Off Loop at the end of the day.
- Remind your children not to walk between parked cars in order to get into cars.
- Consider parking on Highbury, English, Willard, or Crowfoot and having your child walk over to the car.
- If someone else, such as an older sibling or grandparent, is picking up your child, please share this information with him or her.
- Since children are not always paying attention, it is very important that adults are. Therefore, we ask that you do not use cell phones while driving near the school.
- We encourage students to walk or ride their bikes to and from school (weather permitting).
I would like to thank you in advance for adhering to our traffic policies and procedures. It’s in the best interest of ALL STUDENTS.
Every Student! Every Day! Go Wolves!
Mr. Matt Jansen
The Troy SSPAC (Special Service Parent Advisory Council) is an organization
that supports, educates, and connects families to resources related to
the academic, social, and emotional growth of students with special needs.
Visit their website at http://troypac.weebly.com to learn more.
Click the thumbnail to read or print.